Audio: Japanese, English
Subtitles: English, French, (BD only: German, Italian, Japanese, Finnish)
Format: BD50 x 3 or DVD-9 x 4
Region: BD: Region-Free / DVD: 1 - North America
Run Time: 453 min
Aspect Ratio: 4:3, COLOR
Directors: Fumihiko TAKAYAMA, Hiroaki GOODA, Hiroki HAYASHI, Katsuhito AKIYAMA, Masami OOBARI
Screenplay: Emu ARII, Hideki KAKINUMA, Hidetoshi YOSHIDA, Katsuhito AKIYAMA, Kenichi MATSUZAKI, Shinji ARAMAKI, Toshimichi SUZUKI
Voice Actors: Kinuko OMORI, Toshio FURUKAWA, Yoshiko SAKAKIBARA
Warning: Contains Violence, Adult Language, and Brief Nudity
© 1987-2014 TOSHIBA-EMI Limited
Can be shipped anywhere in the World, except for Japan, China and Taiwan.
- DVD Box Set - $34.99
- Premium Blu-Ray Set - $110.00
International Intrigue: If you order a Blu-Ray set for delivery to Canada, the United Kingdom or the European Union, our Shipping Ninjas will cleverly redirect your order to a local fulfillment warehouse, which means no Customs duty or processing fees! One caveat, however: your order can't also contain items that have to be shipped from the USA. We can also ship the Otaku no Video Blu-Ray set this way as well, and you can order both and only pay one shipping charge.
The Japanese Cyberpunk Classic!
It is the year 2032 A.D. Like a Phoenix, the city of MegaTokyo is rising from the ashes of a devastating earthquake. In the twisted canyons of the megalopolis, the Knight Sabers, a small band of high tech mercenaries, fight a lonely battle against the evil GENOM Corporation and its sinister androids, the Boomers. Venture into an all too probable future, where technology has run amuck, and emotion is all that separates Man from Machine.
Character Designs by one of the most popular Anime character designers, Ken'ichi Sonoda (Gunsmith Cats).
Winner of 2 awards from DVD Vision Japan, the 2004 Best Boxset and 2004 Best Rerelease awards.
"BGC is an amazing, and classic cyberpunk anime" -- Euro Cult AV
Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set
The Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition is an experiment in "crowdproduction". This custom limited-edition set was originally available by preorder only, and began shipping on December 12th, 2014. As this is a limited-edition set, it will never be repressed, will only be available for sale on the AnimEigo website, and will never be sold for less than the price paid by the original backers.
"Bubblegum Crisis Rocks" -- Happy Console Gamer Video Review
History of the Set
This set was not only for the fans, but by the fans as well! 50% of the funds raised (after fundraising expenses) went directly into the production budget, and the backers of the project got to decide how the budget was allocated. The initial fundraising via a KickStarter campaign raised over $150,000, and the backers immediately made a significant budget decision, voting overwhelmingly to expand the set from 2 to 3 BD50 Blu-Ray discs, to permit a higher bitrate (better video quality) and space for extra content.
The discs are not region-locked and will play in all Blu-Ray players -- please note however that we cannot ship this set to Japan, China or Taiwan due to license restrictions. We can also ship AD Police and Bubblegum Crash internationally; all other titles are US/Canada only.
Backers were deeply involved in the project, and have helped organize a wiki that includes an archive of Omake (extra bonus materials) as well as add extra subtitle languages (in addition to the English and French subtitles that were already available, German, Italian, Finnish and Japanese were added). The project was coordinated on the AnimEigo CrowdProduction Forums.
The Ultimate Edition is available in two flavors: Basic and Premium. Premium backers paid an additional $50, but half of that went into a special Premium Production Budget that they alone decided how to allocate. They could choose to add special bonuses just for themselves, or altruistically improve the set for everyone -- or some combination of the two. The the results of the voting can be found here.
The series is also available in a 4 DVD Box Set with English and Japanese audio and English and French Subtitles.
We reserve the right to limit quantities on these sets.
The Basic Set
Included in the Basic set (now out-of-print) are:
- A 3 BD50 Blu-Ray Set in a single 3-disc Amaray case with cardstock slipcase and double-sided "Playing Card" sleeve that lets you put your favorite Knight-Saber up front.
- All 8 episodes in full 1080p HD at an insane bitrate, with Japanese and English uncompressed stereo soundtracks, and subtitled in English, French, German, Italian, Finnish and Japanese (Kanji) -- in both AnimEigo's classic multicolor subtitles and more traditional greyscale subtitles.
- The Hurricane Live 2032, Hurricane Live 2033 and Holiday in Bali live-action/animated music video programs (in SD).
- The original BGC animated music videos, reconstructed into full HD.
- A set of 6 Postcards from MegaTokyo -- one of which lists all the preorder backers on the back.
- Online Omake Archive, including high-resolution color art and settei (production line-art), interviews, song translations, and much more. A copy of the archive can also be found on disc 1 if you have a computer BD drive.
- High-resolution digital version of Adam Warren's “Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal” Comic Book.
- High-resolution digital versions of R Talsorian Games' Bubblegum Crisis RPG Books.
- Choice of 1.5" Metal Commemorative Challenge Coin or Keychain.
Contents of the Basic Set with smaller Coin
Contents of the Basic set with Keychain
The Premium Set
For the ultimate in Bubblegum Crisis awesomeness, you have to go with the Premium set!
Premium sets include everything in the Basic set, plus:
- Premium packaging -- each disc in it's own case, contained within a sturdy chipboard box with foil logo.
- Two-sided reversible sleeves provide 8 packaging permutations.
- Both a larger (1.75") version of the coin and the keychain!
- Custom Commemorative Embroidered Patch (4"x3.75").
Contents of the Premium Set
Closeup of the bonus items, showing difference in size between the Basic and Premium coin