Gunsmith Cats Explosive Edition
Gunsmith Cats Explosive Edition Signup
The Gunsmith Cats Explosive Edition Kickstarter was our most successful yet -- over 4200 backers and 468% funded!
The Gunsmith Cats OVAs were based on the manga of the same name, created by famous manga artist Sonoda Ken'ichi. Gunsmith Cats is a semi-reboot of Mr. Sonoda's Riding Bean manga, which was also made into an anime. Both Riding Bean and another Sonoda-related anime, Otaku no Video, have been released as limited-edition Blu-ray sets, and we still have some copies available.
You can still sign up for the Gunsmith Cats set using the options lower on the page! The cost is the same as during the Kickstarter.
Estimated Release Date: March 2019
Please note that when you order, we'll move your information into our crowdfunding project database and then mark your order as completed. When we do so, the shopping cart will send you an email saying the product has shipped -- it doesn't have a "order processed" status.
We are also running a special Fan Art Contest as part of the Explosive Edition.
We are producing a number of special limited-edition bonus goodies that will only be available to owners of the Explosive Edition. You may order as many as you like, and can mix and match as desired. We are still getting lots of great suggestions for new goodies and will almost certainly be adding new ones to the list.
The currently available goodies are:
- Matched Pair of Rally / May embroidered patches.
- Rally / Radinov "Good vs. Evil" Challenge Coin
- Keychain variant of the Coin
- "From May With Love" Grenade Pin.
- Large Softcover Artbook (8.5" x 11" but fewer pages than the Premium Set Artbook, focusing more on the color art)
All goodies will be shipped with your main set order, and the price includes the extra shipping cost. If we come out with a new goodie you like better, you can change your selection anytime before we actually begin production.
As we get deeper into preproduction we will post more details on the goodies.
The Explosive Edition is available in two core variants:
The Basic Set ($30 + shipping) includes the all 3 OVAs in both English and Japanese on a max-bitrate BD50 disc.
The disc itself has multiple subtitle variants -- colored (color-blind friendly), colored SDH, captioned SDH (similar to "Netflix-style") and captioned English SDH. There are 3 commentary tracks - two in Japanese featuring Sonoda Ken'ichi, Arai Masahiro, Kaza'ana Takanori, Mori Takeshi and Satō Hiroki, and one in English featuring Matt Greenfield and Tiffany Grant (OVA 1), Bennett the Sage and Marc Swint (OVA 2) and Amanda Winn Lee and Kimberly Yates (OVA3).
On-disc extras also include the original production documentary, an updated production documentary, a How-to-draw tutorial by Mr. Sonoda, an artwork slideshow, a music video, a clean version of the opening credits, a list of all the project backers, and more.
The basic set comes in an amaray case with a reversible cover slip and two 9-panel inserts, which contain a new original poster, a new 4-panel Gunsmith Cats manga by Mr. Sonoda, and a list of all the backers. It also includes a sticker sheet suitable for adorning your laptop or vehicle.
The Premium Set ($60 + shipping) includes everything in Basic, plus a chipboard case with new original artwork by Mr. Sonoda, and a ~180-page Amaray-sized full-color Artbook that fits in the chipboard case. This artbook will contain existing and new artwork, the new manga, new Gunsmith Cats dōjinshi by Mr. Sonoda, KOTOBUKI Tukasa (Mobile Suit Gundam: THE ORIGIN), UEDA Hajime (FLCL), and TADANO Kazuko (Sailor Moon), and an extensive collection of original production settei (design drawings). A larger variant of the artbook is also available as a “bonus goodie” and as part of some Patron-level rewards.
All of the new artwork created for the Explosive Edition will be available online in high-resolution form.
In addition to the Basic and Premium sets, a limited number of Patron set variants are still available, each with its own special rewards.
- All Patron ($150) backers are credited when the disc loads, before the main menu appears.
- Prominent Patron ($250) backers are credited on the first page of the Patron list.
- Vocal Patron ($300) backers also get a special hardcover large artbook inscribed and signed by voice actresses Amanda Winn Lee and Kimberly Yates.
- Signature Patron ($400) backers also get the special hardcover large artbook inscribed and signed by artist Sonoda Ken'ichi.
All patron-level variants include free shipping anywhere in the world and 3 $8 bonus goodies!
New Backers - order Basic, Premium or Patron set + any number of goodies
Important Note: Due to license restrictions, we cannot ship the Explosive Edition to Japan or Germany.
Existing Backers - add to your existing order
Please note: Addons and Upgrades for Kickstarter backers won't be processed until we import all the Kickstarter data; this will happen in late May after we collect the results of the Kickstarter backer survey.
- Upgrade costs includes the difference in shipping cost between Basic and Premium.
- There is no additional shipping cost for additional sets or goodies.
- If your current reward is a Basic set, you can't order an additional Premium set (because of the different shipping costs). Instead, upgrade your Basic set to Premium and then add a Basic set.
- You can reassign your bonus goodies at any time; just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the changes you'd like to make.