Gunsmith Cats Fan Art Contest
We are pleased to announce the winners of the Gunsmith Cats Fan Art Contest! Over 40 entries were received, and Mr. Sonoda has awarded 5 Grand Prizes!
In addition, the Gunsmith Cats Production Team has awarded 6 Merit Prizes to entries that we personally liked!
The Original Contest Rules & Details
As part of the Gunsmith Cats Explosive Edition Kickstarter, we are running a special Fan Art Contest. You are invited to submit your own original Gunsmith Cats-related fan art, and the winning entries will be included in the official artbook being created for the project.
We are pleased to announce that Sonoda Ken'ichi, the original story creator of Gunsmith Cats, will judge the contest and choose the winners! Depending on the number of entries, we may hold a public "primary" to pick a dozen or so entries for him to choose from.
Interested? Read on for more details!
Your comments and suggestions are appreciated -- email them to email@example.com
- The contest is open to any person or group, except those that (a) live in Germany or Japan, or (b) are employees of AnimEigo, Kodansha, VAP or TBS, or (c) are working as paid contractors or unpaid volunteers on the Gunsmith Cats Explosive Edition, or (d) are immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and/or household members of anyone in the above groups (a-c) There is no fee for entering. Void where prohibited by law. If you are a minor, get your parents' permission to enter.
- You may enter up to 3 times (one piece of art per entry).
- All entries must be your own original work.
- By entering, you grant AnimEigo, Kodansha and Mr. Sonoda a non-exclusive, perpetual, world-wide license to reproduce the entered artwork in any manner as long as it is in some way associated with the Gunsmith Cats Explosive Edition. So, for example, we can print it in the artbook, add it to the Blu-ray, display it on a website, etc.
- Entering artwork (or winning a prize) does not grant you any additional rights under copyright law.
- The decisions of the judge are capricious, arbitrary, and final.
- There will be a minimum of 3 Grand Prizes awarded (there may be more if there is space for them in the artbook).
- In addition, any number of additional Merit Prizes may be awarded to entries deemed particularly exceptional but which cannot be included in the artbook for reasons of space or format.
- No entrant can win more than one prize.
- Grand Prize winners will receive a Premium-level copy of the Gunsmith Cats Explosive edition, 3 bonus goodies of their choice, and 3 extra copies of any item that uses their art (in other words, the artbook).
- Merit Prize winners will receive a Premium-level copy of the Gunsmith Cats Explosive edition, plus 3 bonus goodies of their choice.
- Taxes, Customs duty and other fees imposed by third-parties are the responsibility of the winners.
- The artwork can be in any media, but only art that can be properly reproduced in printed form qualifies for the Grand Prizes. So, for example, a sculpture (which can be photographed) would qualify, but a 3D computer animation might only qualify for a Merit Prize.
- You may use materials created by others as part of your artwork as long as they (a) are not the primary focus of the artwork, and (b) are in the public domain or you have a perpetual, world-wide license to reproduce them. If so, you must provide proper attribution for these elements. So, for example, using a pre-made 3D model of an object in the background of a 3D render would generally be acceptable, but using one of a gun Rally is holding would not be.
- The artwork must be directly and exclusively related to Gunsmith Cats.
- Content should be “PG-13”. Sexy is fine, but no nudity please.
- We know there will be edge-cases that we haven't thought of. When in doubt, ask!
- Mechanical requirements: one image per entry, 7.5"x10.25" primary image area with 2" bleed on all edges, minimum 300dpi resolution (600dpi+ recommended). RGB or CMYK color space, PSD or PNG file format.
- Upload your entry somewhere (ie: dropbox, google drive) and send an email containing a link to it with subject GSC CONTEST ENTRY to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM ET on June 30th, 2018.